‘Rock School Music Production Accredited courses’ : 3rd to 7th August
Delivered by BlueBridge Studios and MUSINC
Age range 12 to 18 yrs
Grade 3 course:
Monday 3rd Aug 10am – 3pm
Tuesday 4th Aug 10am – 3pm
with refresher and exam on Friday 7th Aug 10am – 12pm
Grade 4 course:
Wednesday 5th Aug 10am – 3pm,
Thursday 6th Aug 10am – 3pm
With refresher and exam on Friday 7th August (1pm – 3pm)
@BlueBridge Studios, MyPlace, Customs House, North Street, Middlesbrough, TS2 1JP
Participants must attend the full course to gain quailification.
What to expect
The young people who competed Grade 1 are invited back to complete Grade 3, and the young people who previously completed Grade 3 are invited back to progress to Grade 4. With advice and guidance from the tutors, they will work from the Rock School Music Production Graded (coursework edition) books, which will be provided on Day 1 of the course.
During the course you will cover 3 sections:
(Content will differ depending on the Grade)
Part A: Music Production Theory
Gain an understanding of key music production terminology, as well as sound and audio fundamentals, in relation to modern music production.
Part B: Listening skills
Using audio examples provided, you will learn how to demonstrate effective listening skills relevant to modern music production. In this section, Rockschool’s Music Production syllabus looks at sonic fidelity, music theory & harmony and stylistic awareness.
Part C: Coursework task
In order to enhance your technical skills, you will be asked to complete a coursework task which will demonstrate your ability to use a digital audio workstation (DAW)
Obtaining the Graded qualification:
Part A is assessed by a written exam lasting approx. 45 mins. It contributes to 25% of the grade. This will take place on the final day of the course. The exam is invigilated by an external person provided by MUSINC.
Part B is assessed by questions relating to audio samples, which are included in the 45 minute exam mentioned above and takes place on the final day of the course. Part B contributes to 15% of the grade.
Part C contributes to 60% of the grade and is coursework based. The coursework will be completed throughout the 3 day course, and coursework will be uploaded to Rock School during the exam at the end of the course.
On completion of the above your certificate will be send in the post within a few weeks.
Other useful info:
- The venue has social distancing procedures in place, and risk assessments have been undertaken and actioned to ensure that this activity meets government guidelines for protection against the spread of COVID-19.
- Maximum numbers for the activity will be 5 young people and 2 studio engineers, with an additional exam invigilator on the day of the exam.
- The course will be delivered by 2 studio engineers, who both hold an enhanced DBS certificate.
- Completed consent forms are required in order for participants to take part.
- Participants will not be allowed off the premises during breaks unless this has been specified by the person responsible for the participant.
- Café facilities will not be available due to COVID-19 and therefore young people must bring in their own food to be eaten in the café area only.
- Parking/drop off: Myplace has ample parking in its own car park, and on the streets around the building
- If, for any reason, a student does not complete the qualification within this course, we will support them to complete it at a later date.
Please note that places are limited and priority will be given to returning participants.
Application deadline Monday 27th July