This will be six online sessions going live on our social media from the 16th of September to October the 21st and repeated during the October half term.
– to broadcast 16 September on Facebook and Instagram (Link to be posted soon)
How to write a song! and exercises on how to combat writer’s block
1) Introduction to the key elements in a song
2) Read out lyrics to some songs and discuss what the song is about.
3) Hayley will perform a song accompanying herself with guitar and explain how the song was created and what it is about.
An insight to the Songwriting Industry and tips on how to get your songs heard
Musicianship-Chords and Improvisation
Learning basic chords on the guitar/piano
Theory, cycle of 5th’s and the importance of scales
How to become a better singer. Hayley will cover breathing techniques, how the voice works, vocal technique, warm ups and exercises and tips and advice on how to strengthen the voice and pitching.
Stage presence and tips and advice on how to combat nerves
A special note to everyone watching to send in recordings or videos of their new original song. If they haven’t made one yet we encourage them to work on it over half term. Each link will be shared again on Musinc FB and Instagram on the morning of the half-term holidays (Monday to Friday). i.e. Send your songs in to Musinc (we’ll provide a Dropbox link) for submissions.
Repeat broadcast (mornings during half term) –
- 26 October,
- 27 October,
- 28 October,
- 29 October,
- 30 October (two sessions same day).
Competition recording date to be confirmed.