Mondays, 5.30pm – 7.30pm, Middlesbrough Town Hall
This group is for anyone interested in making and creating music with others. Whether you already play an instrument or not, this group is about being creative together. Within the sessions, you can have an opportunity to learn how to use music technology, as well as play instruments, sing and/or create music together in a group supported by two professional music leaders. The group welcomes both neuro diverse and neuro typical young people.
How can I join this group?
New members are welcome to come along for a taster session – book a taster by calling the town hall box office on 01642 729 729 or email email@example.com.
To register, fill in this sign up form, and we will be in touch to confirm your place. When we contact you to confirm your place, we will let you know how to make payment. Details about our inclusive fee structure can be found below*
Autumn Term 1: 13th September to 18th Oct 2021 (6 weeks)
Cost: Full £24, concession £12, or free for those who need it to be
Autumn Term 2: 1st November to 13th December 2021 (7 weeks)
Cost: Full £28, concession £14, or free for those who need it to be
Fees are payable half termly
*Our fee structure explained:
Musinc provides opportunities for music participation and learning for people of all ages and abilities. Based within Middlesbrough Town Hall, we are hosted by Middlesbrough Council and we aim to ensure that all people, regardless of background or circumstance, have the opportunity to access high quality music making. We particularly aim to break down barriers that may prevent people from participating in musical participation, whether financial or otherwise.
We receive funding from Arts Council England and the National Foundation for Youth Music, which means that we can offer opportunities free of charge. However we also believe that we could do more with the funds if we consider the following things:
- We want everyone to be able to access all activities, regardless of circumstance or background. This principle lies at the heart of our organization.
- We know that some people need opportunities to be free of charge due to financial barriers.
- We know that there are many other barriers that people face that may prevent them accessing opportunities, that are not necessarily financial.
We want to make sure that we meet the needs of local communities, and that we are doing all we can to break down barriers, therefore we ask for some anonymous data from you which helps us to monitor this. We would be very grateful for your cooperation in providing this. The information you provide is also used in our reports to funders to evidence our work, and is not used for any other purpose.
We believe that the following fee structure will allow anyone to be able to access our varied programme of high quality music making activities. When signing up for any of Musinc’s activities, we will ask you to tick one of the following options:
- I do not identify with any barriers* and I am happy to pay the full cost of this activity
- I do identify as facing a barrier/barriers* (tick barriers which apply) but I am happy to pay the full cost of this activity
- I do identify as facing a barrier/barriers* (tick barriers which apply) and I am able to pay 50% of the cost of this activity
- I identify as facing financial barriers which would prevent me from accessing this activity, and I require a full bursary.
*examples of barriers
☐ I am eligible for free school meals
☐ I am experiencing other financial barriers.
☐ I have or have had an Education, Health and Care Plan in place
☐ I have Special Educational Needs
☐ I have a disability
☐ I am currently seeking asylum in the UK
☐ English is my second language
☐ I have been attending a pupil referral unit
☐ I have been excluded from school
☐ I am or have been homeless
☐ I have a long-term medical condition
☐ I am in foster care
☐ I suffer from mental ill-health
☐ I am not in education, employment or training
☐ I am a refugee or asylum seeker in the UK
☐ I live in a rurally isolated location
☐ I have a sensory processing disorder
☐ I am a young carer
☐ I am a young parent
Please click here for the venue’s access information.