Embedding inclusion and accessibility within your music venue/organisation
If you run a music venue, or organisation, or run music events and/or activities, we want to support you to develop your capacity and resource to become more inclusive and accessible.
This 3-part series of events looks at different ways of embedding inclusion and approaches to physical accessibility within your music venue and/or wider organisation, and hopefully provide ideas of things that you could implement with the support of the grant.
Tees Valley based music venues and music organisations can attend the events free of charge to become eligible to apply for a grant of up to £2000 from Musinc to develop your organisation’s approaches and strategies around Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
The grant is available to Tees Valley based venues and organisations only, however anyone is welcome to attend the sessions. The grant is provided for anything that relates to developing your approach to inclusion and accessibility. It could be physical adaptations to your venue, organisational procedures and/or simply some capacity and resource to give this subject the necessary time and consideration that it needs.
- Monday 23rd November, 11am – 12pm, online: Session 1: Making your music venue and/or music events more inclusive and accessible (in partnership with Attitude is Everything)
- Wednesday 25th November, 11am – 12pm, online: Session 2: Making your organisation more inclusive – covering:
- Making an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Plan
- Inclusive recruitment and employment
- Inclusive marketing, comms and content
- Friday 27th November, 11am – 12pm, online: Session 3: Inclusion and accessibility when working with communities and young people – covering:
- Barriers to participation
- Inclusive programming
- Reaching underrepresented groups
- Measuring the quality of your work through EDI principles
Please note: These events are have now taken place however recordings of Sessions 2 & 3 are available upon request.
Successful applicants will be notified by 12th February 2021.
Grants can run between February 2021 and February 2022. You will receive 45% upfront installment, 45% at mid-point of your project, and the final 10% on completion of reporting.
To apply online click here.
For more information and to request the recordings please email firstname.lastname@example.org.